COVID-19 and Private Medical Insurance
The Government has recently announced an agreement between the NHS and private facilities which will see them reallocate much of their national capacity to support the NHS and help to meet the anticipated demand for clinical care.
- Testing and screening for COVID-19 is not covered under group healthcare policies. Any treatment would only be covered to the extent it is eligible treatment provided as a private patient in a private facility
- Where an individual is admitted to a private facility to be treated for COVID-19, they will be admitted as an NHS patient
- Individuals treated for COVID-19 under the NHS at a private hospital are eligible to claim the NHS cash benefit within their healthcare plans
- If any insured employees are made redundant, they will be removed from any group healthcare plan. It’s important that you notify your Creative consultant as soon as possible should this situation arise. Employees will have the option to continue their cover on an individual basis and at their own cost
- The easiest way to receive a GP referral currently is through the ‘Virtual GP’ facility within your policy. If you are unsure of how to access this facility, please speak to your Creative consultant
- If you have private treatment booked, it’s best to contact the consultant your treatment is booked with as soon as possible to check whether the procedure will be going ahead as planned