Need some help to manage your beneficiaries on the Creative Pension Trust Member Portal? Check out this step-by-step video:
- You can nominate and change your beneficiaries at any time using the Creative Pension Trust Member Portal
- Doing so helps us understand your wishes and contact anyone that may receive the value of your pension if you die before taking it
- You can have one or more nominated beneficiaries and change how much each could benefit from
Need a little more information?
You can easily nominate and change your beneficiaries using the Creative Pension Trust Member Portal.
One of the many benefits of your pension with us is that, if something were to happen to you before you retire, your pension doesn’t disappear. Instead, you can tell us what you would like to happen to it. We call this ‘nominating your beneficiaries’, which really just means telling us who you would like to receive the value of your pension, such as a partner, spouse, children or other loved ones.
Once you’ve logged in, look for the Nominations tab, which you can find under Your Pension in the Navigation Menu. Once you click on this item, you will be taken to the Nomination Form.
To make a nomination, you’ll need to provide:
- Their full name
- Their relationship to you (if any)
- Their address, so we can contact them in line with your wishes, should anything happen to you
- What proportion of your pension savings you would like them to receive (if you are nominating more than one beneficiary)
If you want to add more than one beneficiary, click Add Nominee. You’ll then need to provide the same information and proportion of your pension savings you would like them to receive for each additional nomination you make.
If you want to remove a nominated beneficiary from your account, change the amount previously provided to 0%.
When you are finished nominating or updating your beneficiaries, you will need to tick the box to confirm you understand that these will any previous instructions you have provided. Then you can click Submit.
We will send you an email asking you to check and confirm the changes you have made. You will need to click on the verification link in the email we send you to complete the process.
If you die before taking your pension, a lump sum payment is normally made to your nominated beneficiaries in line with your wishes and is usually free of any tax. The value of your pension will also not be considered part of your estate. Payments made to your nominated beneficiaries are subject to our scheme rules and checks, and our Board of Trustees have ultimate discretion over such payments.